Hi. I've been looking all over and still cannot figure out anything in

command prompt. Every time I go to do a command it tells me it is not

recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch

file. The internet on my computer is turned off at 11 at night. I need a way

to turn it back on. I also need a way to fix the command prompt so that the

command I enter are once again, correct. Please help me? I appreciate your

time.

Welcome to CADTutor LK719,

Might I ask what the internet has to do with the command prompt not recognising commands - also are we still talking about the command prompt in ACAD, or are you referring to the windows command prompt?

Could you clarify things slightly please

Thanks

Lee

What program are using?

Where are you that the Internet is turned off at 11 p.m.? In a dorm?

Can you give us an example, or two, of the commands you are trying to enter at the command prompt?

I am referring to the windows command prompt.

I have no idea why it won't register any command.

For example if I put in U or UNDO it doesn't work.

I live in the dorms. And I'd like to do my homework.

So yeh.. that's all I know. And so far trying to make it work by myself hasn't worked.. Thank you

I think your totally off track here! (you probably got here by searching "command" on google?)

So you want to go on line after 11 and surf on the Internet! to do your homework?

Or do you need help with your auto cad homework after 11?

first I would suggest you do your homework before 11 :? :thumbsup: .

If this really isn't possible. than the best and most secure way is to ask permission. This way you won't get in trouble. I'm sure if there not to strict that they'll understand.

Let's make this simple. Are you using AutoCAD? Yes or no? When you mention the Windows command prompt it implies one thing. When you mention the UNDO command it implies something else.

If you are running AutoCAD and trying to use command aliases, like "U" for UNDO, and it is not working then there could be a problem with the acad.pgp file.

"I am referring to the windows command prompt."

To work with the command prompt one would have to click on START > RUN and then type in the word "command". This would open a DOS-like command window that is easily identified by its black background, white letters and its lack of a graphical interface. I doubt very much that this is what you are referring to.

However, if we are speaking about AutoCAD, the space at the bottom of your screen is the "command prompt" area where commands such as line, erase or undo can be typed in. These same commands can be activated by typing their respective command aliases which are one or two letter "shortcuts" that start the command.

So, which senario, of the two I have just mentioned, describes your situation?

And by the way, you cannot turn the Internet on or off if the school's IT department has somehow managed to deny students access after a certain time period unless you plan to hack into the school's computer network. Is that your plan? If so, we are not about to help you.

first I would suggest you do your homework before 11 :? :thumbsup: .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReMark - I don't think this has anything to do with CAD... :geek:

LK719 - it might help if we knew how the internet was being turned off at 11pm... if it's the 'modem unplugged' time then there's nowt you can do about it (except going out of widows & in thru' back door & plugging it back in :roll: )... if it's a software lock then you need to know how to turn it back on but there's not a lot anyone here can do without knowing some more detail (/edit & as ReMark says, we're not about to start advising people how to hack systems)... & what commands are you trying to execute?