Adding custom properties to objects in the design tab

micromachines

Hi,

I am running a version of autocad architecture with a plugin that adds some custom properties to AEC objects such as doors that can be viewed under the design tab of the property palette. I want to make a macro that changes these properties but I don't know how to access them via lisp. When I use the inspect window in the visual lisp viewer the custom properties don't come up and when I use the vla-dump-object function, the custom properties are not listed also.

Does anyone have any idea if/how these properties are accessible? Also, can custom property fields be added via autolisp?

Untitled.jpg

There are some standard ways to attach data to entities (Xdata, Dictionaries). Maybe your application uses one of these methods. But it seems unlikely that the application will also display the data you decide to add, this data might even cause errors.

It may help if you mention the name of the application and post a sample dwg.

Can you tell me a little about dictionaries and how to access them? I believe that it did say there was a dictionary attached to my object when I used inspect on it.

You can get a list of the dictionary's in the drawing, as you think you know the name of the dictionary, post a dwg and we could have a look, it is possible to get further into the xdata knowing the dictionary name makes it much easier.

http://www.afralisp.net/autolisp/tutorials/dictionaries-and-xrecords.php

copy these two lines to command line

; look at 3 .
(setq mainDict (namedobjdict))
(entget mainDict)