mattador04

TitleBlock Family

mattador04

Hello and greetings,

I have a titleblock family with three (3) types. The three (3) types are for different sized titleblocks. Here is my question: what is the best way to keep the objects in place as shown in these images (see attachments)?

Thanks for the assist, folks..

-MR

TitleBlock Family.pdf

not good.pdf

maratovich

Use a dynamic block.

mattador04

I am only familiar with dynamic blocks within AutoCAD. I am somewhat new to Revit. Could you please elaborate?

-MR

mattador04

Does anyone else have any information relating to this? I am still in need of a solution.

Thanks,

-MR

tzframpton

Without a Revit project file and Family to look at I can't tell how you're doing it and what's going wrong. I do know that there is a separate Titleblock Creation element to Revit (File > New > Titleblock). That will prompt you with this image:

image.png.a1a3adae73bff118808dc4f5c07f7540.png

Then you'll have the default standard sizes to choose from or use New Size for something custom. From there, you will notice a rectangular set of lines in which cannot be deleted: this is the "extents" of the sheet if you will. So anything inside of this "sheet extents" should  be your Titleblock linework, text, Logo, etc. The distances you make it off this outer border is the distance it'll print at so as long as your printer or PDF plot driver is set to 100% Scale and full bleed. Image here for reference:

image.thumb.png.32d105e10ef0c4379c30750c485c95c8.png

mattador04

This is somewhat helpful. I appreciate your response.

-MR