Oscar

How do I get rid of xref'd pdf's?

Oscar

I have been tracing PDF's in AutoCAD and when I am done I unload then detach but it still shows up in the xref box, what can I do?

xref.JPG.05979bfce52254b0b970d3ce8578a97e.JPG

CyberAngel

When I detach a PDF, it disappears from the list. Is it possible that you have other references in the drawing to the same file? That will prevent detaching. You should get some kind of error message when the detach fails.

• Like 1

Dana W

Multiple references to the same file get auto-named by AutoCad, as in xref-1, xref-2, and so on.  They will be listed in the xref dialog individually and must each be detached  as if they were different files.

IMHO the problem might be that the unload was done first.  I can't test this right now at home.

Not sure if an unloaded xref can be detached.  If your intent is to detach, the unload is redundant anyway,

• Like 1

SLW210

Did you try -PURGE?

Cad64

As Dana mentioned, unloading and then detaching is not necessary. If you want the xref gone, just detach it.

As for the xref not detaching, I have had this happen to me before and the solution was to repath the xref and then detach it. I think if Autocad loses the association to the file, it gets confused and doesn't know what to do, so resetting the file path has worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oscar

Thanks everyone, problem solved thanks to all of you!

• Thanks 1