Copying from one dwg to another

Oscar

This always confused me. Scaling is my weakness. I hope I can explain this well. My goal is to get this "Vent Detail" to the right size in my drawing. every other detail is to "Not to scale"

But I just want to make it match the others in size.

847608501_ventdetail.thumb.JPG.58569383b3b0fee3acfde492cf59084b.JPG1318736106_ventdetailpasted.thumb.JPG.baf03944c9dd1ea6a2bd298db56c822b.JPG

Oh that's easy. Type "scale" hit enter. Select your objects to scale and then right-click or enter. ACAD asks for a base point, pick the top of the 3' dimension line. Next it will ask for either Copy or Reference. Type R for reference and right-click or enter. It will ask for reference length, pick the 1st point of dim line again and then the far one
Screenshot_2.png.1aaafe1e1aeded887f6915abd1aed293.png

It will then ask for new length, so tell it 3' and enter. Done ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, f700es said:

Oh that's easy. Type "scale" hit enter. Select your objects to scale and then right-click or enter. ACAD asks for a base point, pick the top of the 3' dimension line. Next it will ask for either Copy or Reference. Type R for reference and right-click or enter. It will ask for reference length, pick the 1st point of dim line again and then the far one
Screenshot_2.png.1aaafe1e1aeded887f6915abd1aed293.png

It will then ask for new length, so tell it 3' and enter. Done ;)

thank you! worked perfect. 👍