FILLETEDGE

CADLee

I am trying to do some fillets on edges. It has been some time since I worked in 3D though. 

I used the fillet edge, but get this message.................FAILED TO PERFORM BLEND     FAILED WHILE FILLETING

I thought maybe it was because it was not joined properly. It took twice for everything to be joined properly. So I used

a Polyline where it would all be joined. But still getting same message. 

Any help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. 

Can you provide your CAD file, or some screenshots, so we can see what you're trying to fillet?

One possibility could be that maybe your fillet radius is too large for what you're trying to fillet.

I thought it was to small also at 1/16, so I went to 1/8. It shows the fillet, but when I hit enter, that is when I get the message about it failing.

I made some lines in 2d, then filleted those to get the arcs and so on. Then I used join on the all the lines. then I copied and pasted to 3D. rotated and extruded. 

Here is a small piece of what I am trying to do. The part needing filleted would be like the rolling hills. If I can figure out what the issue is, I think I can fix the rest. 

Drawing1.dwg

It worked for me. I used the FILLETEDGE command, selected all the edges along the entire length, input a radius of .125 and hit enter. The result is below. Is this what you're trying to achieve?

Fillet.jpg

IS there something I am missing? Maybe a setting for Fiilletedge or something. I tried it even on the one I sent you, and it still didnt work for me. I am using 2016 for this. 

I didn't do anything special or change any settings. I just ran the command, selected the edges, set the fillet radius and that's it.

I will say this though, the first time I tried it, I selected only a few edges and the command failed. The second time I tried it, I selected all the edges and it worked. So, as a test, I exploded your solid all the way down to the polyline outline. I then joined all the line segments and extruded out a new solid. Now I can run the FILLETEDGE command on single edge segments and it works. Try the attached file and see if you have better luck.

Drawing2.dwg

What I am trying to do is for a piece to be manufactured. I attaching JPEG of the fillets I am trying to get to. Sorry for the crude pic. 

I subtracted one piece into another to get to where this is on the pic. 

Is it possible to even FILLETEDGE this now after it has been subtracted, or do I need to fillet it first, then subtract it? 

I have everything else done and accomplished. I just need to round the edges. 

Is it possible I can open my file in INVENTOR and maybe try it in there to see? 

Thank You again. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by CADLee
Forgot to attach JPEG

The subtraction shouldn't have anything to do with it. The problem I found with the file you provided was that the solid was somehow corrupted and Autocad was having difficulty trying to figure out how to create the fillets. After I exploded the solid back to it's base linework and then joined all the segments into a Polyline and Extruded a new solid, the problem was gone and I could create the fillets with no issues. So, I would recommend starting over. Create new solids with good geometry and you should be able to fillet the edges.

Thank you CAD64. I didn't think it had to do with the subtraction. Its been a while since I have done 3D, but I thought it was possible to fillet and chamfer. 

I will try and do what you suggested. I am confident it will work. 

I knew it was a good idea to get help from the experts rather than my headache getting worse.       😄

I will let yall know

Thanks again. 

It worked CAD64. I made it simpler with just arc, lines, and fillets. Then PEDIT  and moved into 3D. Extruded and Subtracted the parts and they were happy with the way it looks. 

So thank you again for your time and your help.