How to snap to the correct end of a vertical pipe?

Siberian

Consider a plan view that shows a vertical pipe with one of its ends being at the floor you're viewing. If I want to continue the pipe run I find it difficult to get the pipe command to snap to the correct end. It often snaps to the end not visible in the current view - which is just annoying. I'm also not having much luck using TAB to switch between the two ends. Am I missing some obvious way to do this?

On 10/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, Siberian said:

Consider a plan view that shows a vertical pipe with one of its ends being at the floor you're viewing. If I want to continue the pipe run I find it difficult to get the pipe command to snap to the correct end. It often snaps to the end not visible in the current view - which is just annoying. I'm also not having much luck using TAB to switch between the two ends. Am I missing some obvious way to do this?

What do you mean by "correct end"? Which end should Revit "know" is correct? 

-TZ

40 minutes ago, tzframpton said:

What do you mean by "correct end"? Which end should Revit "know" is correct?

I'm not saying Revit should know at all, but it does choose one of the ends - so on what basis is the choice done?

I think it has to do with direction. For connecting to risers in a Plan View with horizontal pipe, I usually use the Trim tool. See if that gives you a better output. 

-TZ

When it doesn't snap as desired, people switch to a section or 3D view to ensure proper selection or draw to the point of connections rather than from.

• Like 1