Found a Folder Full of Lisps

Jim Clayton

So a while back I was hoarding cad information from our shared drives for a project.  I was looking through one of the files and came across a folder full of Lisps.  I didn't write them I have barely messed with them.  I know nothing about them.  I found them, they're Lisps, someone at my job a while back either wrote them or acquired them...that's all the information I have.  They're yours for the taking if you want them.

LISP1.zip

Be careful of code like this. LISP is not a very dangerous language, like C# or Python which can actually hit deep into the CPU. But there are things that LISP programs can do which will leave a computer in a mess if you're not careful. It's always best to err on the side of caution.

Really old!  REVCLOUD.LSP (C) 1997 by Autodesk, Inc. your third newest one Autodesk replaced by a command many years ago along with all their old dialog box routines listed here.  Pretty much worthless.

But it seemed so shiny at first glance...and it was in another folder entitled "Open This Folder For Guaranteed Greatness"... I've been lied to.

...yeah, like I said, no clue what was in it.  Thanks for the heads up. Will file away accordingly.

Unfortunately it looks they might be a bit dated and not of much use. Maybe I'll find another folder though, who knows.  Doing some cleaning on my files.

11 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Open each one up try to interpret what they do and add to a list then post the list here.

IMO, the OP's time would be better spent trying to learn how to write code for himself :).

• Like 2

Well, there's definitely room for improvement...but it works.

;PASSIVE AGGRESSIVELY REPEATS COMMAND FROM FIRST POST;
(defun c:pa (/ pt1 pt2)
 (command "._repeat")
 (prompt "\nI found them, they're Lisps, someone at my job a while back either wrote them or acquired them: ")
 (while (= (getvar "cmdactive") 1) (command pause))
 (while (and (setq pt1 (getpoint "\nSpecify first point: "))
             (setq pt2 (getpoint pt1 "\nSpecify second point: ")))
  (command "._line" pt1 pt2 ""))
  (command "._end")
 (princ))

Gotta start somewhere 😉 next improvement try not to use command calls.

Command: END
Discontinued command. Use the QUIT command to exit AutoCAD.
Command: REPEAT
Discontinued command.

Edited by ronjonp
  • Thanks 1