Lisp to Plot PDF Stopped Working

GregGleason

This code used to work fine for plotting to a .pdf:

(defun c:SendToPDFefa()
      (vl-load-com)

(if (setq filename (getfiled "Save File Location" ""  "pdf" 1))
  (progn 
      (command "-plot" "yes" "" "DWG To PDF.pc3" "ANSI expand B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)"
          "inches" "landscape" "yes" "Extents"
          "fit" "center" "yes" "acad.ctb" "yes" "a" filename "no" "yes")
                )
          )
      )

Now it fails with this output:

Command: SENDTOPDFEFA
Unknown command "P:\randomfolderstructure\ACADFILENAME.PDF".  Press F1 for help.
Unknown command "NO".  Press F1 for help.
Unknown command "YES".  Press F1 for help.
nil

I know IT had been adjusting printers when this happened, but i don't know if that is coincidental.

I have two questions:

1. How does the code need to be adjusted
  2. What could have caused the code to fail

Greg

I think things go bad after .... "yes" "acad.ctb" "yes" "a" -> what's up with the "a"? This is the prompt after 'Scale lineweigths with plot scale? (Yes / No).

Best way to check is to park the defun for a moment and do every step of your routine one line at the time by typing it in yourself. That way you see for yourself when the code fails.

Other things I usually check : number of prompts for model and paper space are different. Folder you are saving your pdf can be readonly , well , here @ my own work anyway.

Thanks rlx, that was helpful. 

I think it's almost there but I need a bit more help.

I revised the code as follows:

(defun c:zzz()
      (vl-load-com)

(if (setq filename (getfiled "Save File Location" ""  "pdf" 1))
  (progn 
      (command "-plot" "yes" "" "DWG To PDF.pc3" "ANSI expand B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)"
          "inches" "landscape" "No" "Layout"
          "1:1" "0.00,0.00" "yes" "acad.ctb" "yes" "no" "no" "no" filename "n" "y")
                )
          )
      )

This will at least plot, but it is shifted off to the right (see "2018-141-PI-SK-001.Lisp.pdf").

However, when I plot it manually it comes out correct (see "2018-141-PI-SK-001.Manual.pdf").

See the plot settings used.

How do I adjust to code to get it fixed?

Greg

Plot.Setup.jpg

2018-141-PI-SK-001.Lisp.pdf

2018-141-PI-SK-001.Manual.pdf

not entirely sure, believe it has to do with margins that have to match exactly.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plotting-to-PDF-shifts-the-layout-to-the-lower-left-in-AutoCAD.html

I usualy plot extents with fit unless I have to deal with multiple borders where I use plot with window, Did read a post somewhere and the advise was not to use Dwg to PDF but to plot using adobe driver but that only works if you have this installed. You could play with a negative x-origin or use a slightly smaller scale like something 1:0.99. Doubt if anyone would even notice. Small difference would not matter much for the plot itself but it can make a big difference for getting autocad to use the proper margins as suggested in the link above.

The dialog and the Lisp code show different page sizes:

"ANSI full bleed B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)"

"ANSI expand B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)"

53 minutes ago, Roy_043 said:

@ eagle eyed Roy.... totally overlooked this. My first reaction would have been to use the full bleed size but when I saw OP was using this in his dialog and said he used exactly the same settings overlook this... so be aware  roy_043 sees everything 😁

On 10/25/2018 at 2:51 AM, rlx said:

@ eagle eyed Roy.... totally overlooked this. My first reaction would have been to use the full bleed size but when I saw OP was using this in his dialog and said he used exactly the same settings overlook this... so be aware  roy_043 sees everything 😁

On 10/25/2018 at 1:52 AM, Roy_043 said:

That was it!  I just ran a test and it came in like I wanted.

You guys are the best!

Greg