fuccaro

Christmas is approaching

fuccaro

I wrote a quick Lisp to map an image onto a ... "sphere". Sometime in the (near?) future I will try to improve it, for the moment the image resolution is poor. I used a 3d mesh and AutoCAD limits its dimensions do 256x256.

If someone wants to play with the lisp I wrote, draw a 2d shape starting from point 100,0,0 to right. Use a solid hatch on the closed shapes, enter the PLAN command, and maybe do a zoom to "extents". Start the lisp by typing "Miki" and... wait. On my computer it took almost 2 minutes to create the model.

Have fun!

CADTutor.LsP

CADTutor.png

• Like 2

Grrr

Impressive work,

if it runs slow then you could include time-tracking, also you might want to localise the variables

(defun c:miki ( / time a a1 am an ang ax d drz fs im in m n o1 o2 od ox oz p p1 p2 p3 p4 pct r1 r2 rx rz ss)
  (setq time (getvar 'MILLISECS))
  ; code....
  (princ
    (strcat 
      "\n < Elapsed time: "
      (rtos (/ (- (getvar 'MILLISECS) time) 1000.0) 2 6)
      " seconds. > "
    )
  )
  (princ)
)

BIGAL

I will try to find there is a post here about embossing lettering onto a curved surface, it’s relatively simple just extrude your lettering as a radial from the object centre then using union and subtract, trim the height of the lettering.

Had problems I am using an iPad so search for cmagee94 and 3d shape for post.

Will do seperate  post how I get the link when using an IPad.

Edited by BIGAL

Steven P

combining this with a LISP thing I found once to make the computer talk "Ho Ho Ho".. my colleagues are going to be so happy with me next week

• Like 1