The same old Copy/Clip road block!

LosGirk

When using copy/clip between two drawings programmatically, is it possible to actually perform the paste part of the operation in the second drawing since AutoLISP stops when you leave the current drawing?  I looked into Lee Mac's CopytoDwg program, but I want to bypass the selection of directory/drawing since I'll always be using the same drawing in the same location, and CopytoDwg copies the objects into the new drawing at the same location as the original.  So if  all the drafters create their blocks at 0,0 they stack on top of each other in the master drawing.  I'm trying to develop an automated process that when a drafter writes a block it's collected and stored into a grid in a "master block drawing".

So what I've written so far (This probably ins't the best way to do this, I'm a very abstract thinker) running the program, the drafter writes a block, a copy of it is sent via copy/clip to the clipboard, the Master Block Drawing opens, the drafter hits ctrl v to paste, and picks the lower left corner of the next available open border in the grid, then saves on exit.  I would really like to automate this last step if anyone has any ideas.  Also, I'd love to hear any suggestions on different ways of tackling this task, I'm sure I'm not the first person trying to do this and this forum has the best minds in the business.  

As always,

Thank You for you time and efforts.