Plotting to Searcheable PDF like AutoCAD 2015

Steven P

Good afternoon,

One of our clients with a project that has been going on for a few years, specified that PDFs shall be created using AutoCAD 2015 with searchable text. We have gone all up to date in the last few years with AutoCAD 2018. AutoCAD 2015 has been removed.

When we create a PDF using 2018 all the text is searchable. AutoCAD2015 doesn't appear to make text in a title block searchable (I'm not sure but it might be all text within blocks is not searchable in a PDF).

So my question, is there a way to create a PDF with searcheable text.. but to leave out certain texts from being serchable... and without changing the drawing (or to make AutoCAD 2018 behave like its 2015).

There are a couple of draughtsmen in the company who have kept AutoCAD 2015.. but they are busy at the moment and this project is going to run for a while longer. It might be easier if I can make a searchable PDF myself without the title block text being searched and so on.

(note I could do this by using a SHX font rather than true type.. but the fonts are specified)

Thanks in advance. Having looked at this a bit now I am expecting a 'no' answer so won't be upset if that's what it is, just have to promise someone overtime I think.

Normally I would BigAl, except its all controlled by Administrator rights what I can use, and it would be as easy to get AutoCAD 2015 installed (to plot100 PDFS) as it would be to get another PDF creating software!

DwgtoPdf is just too good these days, in 2015 it ignored text in blocks, and now it gets the text in blocks, grrr for progress. 

(and what is worse its our checking guys that's causing all of this - the project management aren't wanting to ask the client if I can give them a PDF that has more functionality than the project standards,)