LISP to export line and block counts

Rotechica

Hi there,

I am quite new to lisps (and attempting to write them), I 'm trying to find a lisp that can extract block and line information into excel.

As an example the LISP outcomes would be:

-Selecting a number of objects (lines and blocks)
-Counting the number of lines per layer, and the total length of those lines per layer

-Counting number of blocks and dynamic blocks per layer

-Listing the values of those counts and exporting as a csv file

If anyone knows of a LISP like this that already exists or could help point me in the right direction to write my own that would be a massive help!

Thanks again to anyone who has the time :)

I have seen Lee Mac's DBCount V1-1 which is the output I am looking for... Basically wondering if there is a LISP that includes the selection and counting of other objects (lines/polylines etc), not just blocks/dynamic blocks, and breaks them down per layer 

13 minutes ago, Lee Mac said:

You could try my Layer Count program posted here.

Thanks, just gave it a try however it came up with an error saying 'too few arguments'

5 minutes ago, Rotechica said:

Thanks, just gave it a try however it came up with an error saying 'too few arguments'

I cannot reproduce this error - are you sure you have copied & saved the code correctly?

I got it working after I removed the BB codes :)

This is really close to what I am after but not quite it. It might help if I add that the outcome for this is to create a high level Bill of Materials eg calling layers DNxxx pipe , and the blocks in question being manholes and valves ect. then it would be a brief summary saying within the drawing there are 123 number of lines equalling a total length of 456m for DN789  pipe (this being repeated per layer), and there are 123 number of valves, 456 number of manholes ect.

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate all your work

Something I was working on a while ago but it fell to the side was a user driven dataextraction basicaly it did counts and produced a table of the results. So for blocks of same name but with different attributes it would do counts at the multi level of attributes.

Manhole concrete >1m 52

Manhole concrete >2m 34

Manhole steel lid 26

Its not finished but I would appreciate a sample dwg for testing and support those who input, the final product is more than likely to be  shareware code.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 6:26 PM, BIGAL said:

Something I was working on a while ago but it fell to the side was a user driven dataextraction basicaly it did counts and produced a table of the results. So for blocks of same name but with different attributes it would do counts at the multi level of attributes.

Manhole concrete >1m 52

Manhole concrete >2m 34

Manhole steel lid 26

Its not finished but I would appreciate a sample dwg for testing and support those who input, the final product is more than likely to be  shareware code.

Sorry for taking so long to reply,

I have attached a drawing to help. I can chat to you about good outputs/help where I can (If there is a direct messaging feature here instead of using the thread the whole time)

Quantity_LISP_for_testing.dwg