dynamic block insertion point

michaeloureiro

I've just spotted that one of the earlier broken links is now working so I can see your problem. What do you need to move, the insertion point (lower blue grip) or the rest of the block? Do you want the block to move left & down or the insertion point up and right? I won't be with AutoCAD until Monday but if you can post the block I'm sure Max or me can offer help.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaeloureiro

• dbroada

• MaxwellEdison

• ReMark

doove,

the basepoint parameter is screwing up my drawing and the base command isn´t working either, it looks like i have to start over

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/AutoCAD_tips_dynamic_block_door.html

this is the link to the tutorial on making a dynamic block of a door. It's very good, have a read of it as it will help with more than just defining a door, it is a good model for creating and testing dynamic blocks.

Have a read and if you're still hitting a brick wall then post again, you may want to post a file with the block - I get the feeling everyone watching this thread wants to have go at it! It's why these forums can be really great, Autocad users just don't like being beaten by Autocad!

cheers

It was pretty much what we had said. The block was created offset from the origin. I went in to the block editor and moved it to the origin, reset the stretch windows. I also changed your linear dimension for wall depth to be based on its midpoint, it will stretch from the center and move the door and scale to stay with the hinge.

I drew a line from where the original block was to where I moved it on the origin. Hopefully that will help show you what we meant. You can delete it from the block editor without any problems.

porta[1].dwg

I opened the block in the editor. Selected everything and used the MOVE command. My base point of displacement was the midpoint of the opening on the hinge side, and for the second point I typed 0,0 at the command line to move it to the origin. Then I selected the stretch parameters in turn and reset them (stretch windows don't move relative to the parameter and need to be reset).

dbroada,

i´ll give wblock a try....

THIS IS THE BIT i MEANT

or you can move all the geometry when in BEDIT to 0,0 (or #0,0 if using dyn input) which will become your insertion point iyswim.