acad_2k

AutoCad 12 & 13 DOS Issue

acad_2k

During the recent cold snap, I decided to go thru my collection of computers, parts and software.  I still have my first two PC's, a Compaq 486 and a HP Pentium 1. I also have my first two AutoCad purchases, R12 DOS and R13 which I used in DOS mode but later in Windows 95. I formatted both hard drives and did a clean install of DOS on both machines and then installed R12 in the 486 and R13 in the 166. 

The problem I am having is that when I start Autocad, I cannot access the drawing editor. I get a AutoCad command prompt in the DOS screen. If I type 'open', it asks for a drawing name, so I loaded some R12 sample drawings but Acad cannot access them. Both computers have the exact same problem.

I seem to recall having the same problem when I first purchased them back way back and Autodesk walked me thru it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

acad_2k

I realize that this particular forum is off the beaten path, so if anyone has a suggestion of where to post my question regarding R12 & R13 DOS,  I would greatly appreciate it.

eldon

I seem to remember that the search paths had to be loaded every time Autocad was used, with a batch file.

I presume that you have done this and have tried typing the full path to where the drawing is.

David Bethel

These are cad environment settings I use

SET ACAD=\ACAD\12;\ACAD;\ACAD\LIB;\ACAD\FONTS;\ACAD\UT;\ACAD\LIB\BORDERS;\ACAD\FONTS\BIG;\ACAD\KCL;
SET ACADCFG=\ACAD\12
SET ACADDRV=\ACAD\12

In the batch file that starts ACAD for R12 installed in c:\acad\12\

Edited by David Bethel

acad_2k

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I will give it a shot and report back. It's been a long time since I worked in DOS mode.