first launch of autocad dxf error

jim78b

when i boot up my win7 and click on a dxf files autocad give me error:error loading command program..but the files then will load. why happen this?

On 2/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, jim78b said:

when i boot up my win7 and click on a dxf files autocad give me error:error loading command program..

Is that the exact error message? I can't find any reference to that error message in the autodesk knowledge network.

When you click on a dxf file, do you have Autocad open already or are you clicking on the dxf file without having Autocad open?

Does the message appear in a pop up window or does the message display at the command prompt?

Do you have to click "Ok" or hit "Esc" to make the message go away or does it go away by itself when the file opens?

Does this error happen with all files or just one specific file?

i click the file without have autocad open and press esc and message go away not itself, happen only first time i boot system on dxf files

Have you tried opening Autocad first, then click on the dxf file?

I typically don't open Autocad by clicking on files. I always open the program first, then click on files that I want to open.

Infact if i open first AutoCAD there is no error ...

Another Thing....do you know way of i tre export settings i receive error ...there is an error to create xml file ??

2 hours ago, jim78b said:

Another Thing....do you know way of i tre export settings i receive error ...there is an error to create xml file ??

I use plain Autocad and, as far as I know, it can't export to xml. If you're using Mechanical, maybe there is a way, but I can't help you with that since I don't use that program.

As for your original problem, I guess you just need to always open Autocad first, then click on files to open.

6 hours ago, jim78b said:

Thanks a lot i know but migration app was more useful. 

Now I'm confused. I thought you were looking for a way to back up your settings, not migrate them?

10 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Now I'm confused. I thought you were looking for a way to back up your settings, not migrate them?

yes but migration make the backup of settings!! without copy manual them