Layer Freeze or Thaw

Mystogan

I've searching on google about layer on and off. I found the command LAYOFF, LAYON, LAYTHW and LAYISO. Using this command doesn't help me on my desired expectation.. Is there a possible way to use lisp command?

Like for example
I have assign layer name "Xref"(it is a xref floor plan). Using lisp command I can put it FREEZE status then using the command again to turn it THAW status, it is possible such a thing?

Edited by Mystogan

You can write your own doing anything to a layer/s just create a defun if you look at the normal layer command sequence  layer, off, layname, thats the defun like wise make a back on. The smarter way is to have one command that each time you run it it sequences the layer options On Off Freeze needs more coding than below. Pretty sure it exists so will not reinvent the wheel. 

(defun c:xrefoff ( / )

(command "-layer" "off" "xref" "")

)

(defun c:xrefon ( / )

(command "-layer" "on" "xref" "")

)

Our company uses a special lisp routine to isolate layers and when you are done with your edits you can use the command again to return all the layers to their original layer states which is pretty dope.

The tricky part is when you are dealing with nested layers when you have a drawing with like 400 layers and your survey team uses the wrong layering scheme for the client's CTB. LOL...

ChriS

ammobake whilst we have same a dwt with hundreds of layers you can use purge and use wildcards to purge certain layer groups so your 400 will come down to say 100. You can always add them back if required.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Mystogan said:

Thank you everyone, found the that suitable on my needs. It was written on the link of sir ronjonp :)

Glad to help :)