Wall types and cut planes

jfg

Good morning,

I made a wall type for a foundation wall. I'm having trouble getting the footings to display properly. The footing height is from -100 to -300 from the baseline. The footing will display in the preview window in the wall style properties window but it does not appear in the drawing. The cut plane in the drawing is set from 1400 to -300.

I'm using Autocad Architecture 2008... or trying to anyways...

Any help would be appreciated.

Good morning,

I made a wall type for a foundation wall. I'm having trouble getting the footings to display properly. The footing height is from -100 to -300 from the baseline. The footing will display in the preview window in the wall style properties window but it does not appear in the drawing. The cut plane in the drawing is set from 1400 to -300.

I'm using Autocad Architecture 2008... or trying to anyways...

Any help would be appreciated.

Let me give this a good try now. I would set them from the wall bottom being the bottom of the footing. To get your footing in the correct place then offset the wall bottom via your right click menu and do a negative whichever number you are needing. This should set that footer at the correct place. This should help as well when you have different height walls in your foundation, you then keep your baseline at z=0, if it is at anything else you will have snaps going all over the place in terms of elevation and it could cause a mess.