Multiple Block Insertion

Ryan G

I am looking for a Autolisp to allow me to insert a block at a certain location (which I can do) but then insert the same block again at an offset location based on the number of Sheet Views in a drawing. When I run the current lisp that I have, no matter how many sheet views I have, it will insert the correct number of blocks but they are all in the same location. Basically trying to insert a "STAMP" on every sheet in a drawing package without having to insert that block and then coping it multiple times. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you familiar with XREF's ? This is a perfect example where a titleblock should be an XREF.

If not, there is THIS  old code that will copy objects to selected tabs.

ronjonp.

Thanks for the reply. I wish they would use xrefs and tabs, but I stuck using one tab that has multiple sheets with set views for printing and was wondering if there is a way to find a view and insert a block within that view and then move on to the next view and do the same. I have created a lisp that will allow you to "batch plot" multiple views just can't seem to figure out how to insert a block at 0,0,0 and then the next one at 34,0,0 and so on without creating IF statements asking how many sheets you have and writing a command for each placement with a preset location. Didn't know if there was a way to have the first one come in at 0,0,0 and the following ones coming in based on a set offset value.

Ryan G
It seems to me - you go back to front.
You want to move objects to the printable area. But you need to do the opposite - to create a print area for the object.
Tell us - what is the ultimate goal?
Give an example of your dwg file.