Dynamic Profile Banding/utilities from alignment

Shablab

I am currently working on a project (of smaller scale) where we need a profile (image 1) and need to have the banding below it as well as the utility markings (image 2) built in dynamically to be adjusted based on plan view.  We have been placing blocks (image 3) at each utility crossing, wetland boundary, property line, etc. but this is very time consuming especially with our bigger 10x scale project coming up shortly. I am trying to figure out a way to receive dynamic banding and utility markings based on which layer a line is crossing our primary alignment and automatically be inserted into our profile.

We have been using lisp routines as well to kind of expedite the process of redundantly inserting blocks into plan view but it only saves a portion of the time. 

If there is any additional information I can provide let me know. Any opinions/ideas are appreciated. 

cm1.thumb.PNG.8775c23a39bed527bdbbcdc273982ded.PNG

cm2.PNG.fb4c0fa0d0d5c61bd3922c6ff81fa5de.PNG

cm3.PNG.8329b333e3a1888c362d1c19cd239e4d.PNG

It's been a while since I used Civil 3D, so take this with a grain of salt. Couldn't you create an alignment, even if it's a dummy, to represent these intersections? It would only have to be long enough to cross your main alignment. There are tools for crossings that should cover most of your wish list. The name of the alignment, for instance, could be the label on your profile for the crossing point. You can create a style for the crossing label on the plan and use it everywhere you have that type of crossing.

2 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

It's been a while since I used Civil 3D, so take this with a grain of salt. Couldn't you create an alignment, even if it's a dummy, to represent these intersections? It would only have to be long enough to cross your main alignment. There are tools for crossings that should cover most of your wish list. The name of the alignment, for instance, could be the label on your profile for the crossing point. You can create a style for the crossing label on the plan and use it everywhere you have that type of crossing.

Yes and that is what we somewhat did for the utilities. I guess our main concern would be the banding at the bottom. We dont know how to link up where our alignment crosses a wetland or other area in the bottom of image 1. For example where it currently shows minimum cover we are taking the blocks and projecting them but would rather have it instantly project and am unsure how to do that. Thank you for the input though, that gives me a few ideas.

If you have one large wetland or a few small ones, it may be worth your while to create surfaces for them, that is, treat them as ponds. The profile can then show those surfaces wherever it intersects your alignment, and from there you can add the profile geometry points to the band. I assume you've already got Pipe Data bands for the utility crossings.

Good luck, I remember how complex profile work could be, and that was several years ago.