Corrupt Drg

Hi,

When I set alternative UCS's it seems to throw my angles out slightly, eg, perpendicular snap is just above the line with ortho on, lines are being generated with a z value even though I'm drg in 2d and inserted blocks aren't quite rotated to 0. Can anyone shed light on why this is happening? File attached for inspection, I'm using 2017.

Regards,

Andy

Cad_Tutor.dwg

How are you redefining your coordinates? It sounds like you're picking some point or object that isn't on the XY plane. If your new coordinate plane is tilted, that could explain your problems.

I opened the file and looked at the giant block with 3DOrbit. It might help to use the Flatten command on it.

yeah flatten would work.

A good habit I recommend is using polylines for everything since it defaults to 0 elevation unless you snap to something with a different elevation.  Polylines are also ALWAYS flat.  Plus, you can fix all polyline elevations at once in properties if needed.

ChriS

Thanks for the advice gents.

What is confusing me is I carry out the flatten command and then it ends up back the way it was. My suspicion is it has something to do with the main x-ref being an exported Civil 3D model. The various issues have crept into pretty much the entire drg suite which is very frustrating, so tired of having to rotate blocks a couple of degrees to get them back onto the x & y of the UCS . Any who the job is nearly done, will just chalk it off as a thing to look out for in the future.

Thanks again,

Andy