Nose of Nasa Challenger in 3D

biuesky

I'm having trouble going about making the nose of the Challenger in 3D using AutoCAD 2005.

I'm confused about how I should make the shape in general.

Does anyone have any idea of how to recreate it?

I want to be able to make the curves of the nose as exact as possible.

I can't post a link since I don't have enough posts but I'm hoping some of you will understand what the nose looks like.

First choice: A set of plans describing the aerodynamic shape (no idea where to find them, in all likelihood protected or classified. May be able to get help from NASA public relations however)

Public Communications Office

NASA Headquarters

Suite 5K39

Washington, DC 20546-0001

(202) 358-0001 (Office)

(202) 358-4338 (Fax)

Second choice: Scale replica model of the shuttle to take measurements off of. (increased error from your measurements+ errors in replica)

Third choice: Orthographic shots of the shuttle, use a circle guide or compass to acquire the radii needed.

4th choice: Fake it untiil you make it, experiment with different sizes until one looks "right"

i couldnt find any real good pictures to go by but i think the very tip can be a revsurf and the rest of the nose cone can be done with edgesurf using spline to define it. i may be able to help you out more with this later.

Biuesky

I have just seen that you signed up with an other name and you posted a nonsense as answer to your own question. Please reconsider your attitude; we are here o share knoweledge, to help each others.

Consider yourself warned.

DFnH: Can't tell you how many times I "test" printed that shuttle when installing and troubleshooting my first pen plotter which was an HP 7585.

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm trying out the given solutions at the moment. I'll post again if I still need help or if I am successful.

Biuesky

I have just seen that you signed up with an other name and you posted a nonsense as answer to your own question. Please reconsider your attitude; we are here o share knoweledge, to help each others.

Consider yourself warned.

Sorry. I am aware that this had been posted, but it has been posted by one of my classmates. I just want to clarify that he and I are not the same person.

I have made this thread from the CADD room located at my school so all the computers share a similar (or same?) ip.

Thanks again for your help. :)

Sorry. I am aware that this had been posted, but it has been posted by one of my classmates. I just want to clarify that he and I are not the same person.

Ok, ban lifted. Yewrest you are member again, please try to keep your posts related to the thread subject.