What's happening with AutoCAD 2016 Command Line?

Situation A

I was using version 2015, it had the command line and no horizontal scroll bar. I'm currently using version 2016, I have both command line and horizontal scroll bar - but the scrollbar is behind the command line. The command line won't stay docked above the scrollbar making it difficult to access both. I would like the command line to stay docked on top of the horizontal scrollbar. What do I need to do?

Situation B

The command line repeatedly stretches at right end beyond the AutoCAD window. I stretch it back in, it stays until I close. When I relaunch the AutoCAD session the command line stretches beyond the window again, sometime as long as 6 inches! Am I able to control the command line from doing this?

Are you running in a locked UI?  If not, I would set it up the way you want, then lock the UI so nothing can move.

at bottom right, click the icon and click "Lock UI".  Not sure if that's why but it sounds like maybe.

-ChriS

You can't dock the command line above the scroll bar. If you want the command line and the scroll bar, drag the command line down below the scroll bar. Once you see the command line maximize across the screen, let go of your mouse button  and the command line will dock below the scroll bar.

• Like 1

@Cad64 Thank you so much. I did not realize this before. This might have been the case for the command line to be below the scroll bar in previous versions. For whatever reason, AutoCAD 2015 did not have the horizontal scroll bar at all, and I went several years working without relying on it. The horizontal scroll is back with CAD 2016 and I had not remembered how the scroll bar was supposed to be. Thanks again... 😀

• 3 months later...

And now it is 2019, I'm running Autocad LT 2020.  I know I come much later in this thread but noted that the command line works differently if Autocad LT is in FULL SCREEN mode vs WINDOWED mode  .  .  . this makes a difference I think when you are trying to get the command line docked and locked into place.  When Autocad is in windowed mode, it acts differently . .

3 hours ago, Autocadbuddy4095 said:

And now it is 2019

This thread was started in 2019. Maybe you wanted to say "And now it is October"?

Did you have a question about docking the command line?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, RobDraw said:

This thread was started in 2019. Maybe you wanted to say "And now it is October"?

Did you have a question about docking the command line? 

Yes - I meant to say 'And now it is October 2019'

And yes, I had a problem trying to dock the command line. Somehow I was able to solve this accidentally (?)

Only issue I have now is when I zoom out to extents, My CAD model space goes 'behind' the command line.  Shouldnt the command line be part of the window (frame)

and be able to see ALL of the model space and the command line ? This is how I would like to be set up. What should I be doing ?

many thanks in advance !

55 minutes ago, Autocadbuddy4095 said:

Only issue I have now is when I zoom out to extents, My CAD model space goes 'behind' the command line.  Shouldnt the command line be part of the window (frame)

and be able to see ALL of the model space and the command line ? This is how I would like to be set up. What should I be doing ?

I'm a little confused. Can you provide some screenshots of what's happening before and after you zoom extents?

If zoom extents puts part of the drawing behind the command line, then the command line isn't docked properly, you don't just drag the command line to the bottom edge until it sticks, you have to drag it down below the model/layout tabs and then you see a dotted outline over the full width of the program window and release it there, it does jump back above the tabs but it is now properly docked.

CAD-64:  I have made screen shots  .  .  . SC-1 and SC-2 illustrate my problem where you can see the command line obstructs the drawing along bottom of dwg border.  Then I tried steven-g's suggestion and it worked ! (SC-3) Holy Cow !  I'm ashamed to tell you how long I had to put up with that. I couldnt find ANYTHING in the Autocad Help section at all  .  .  .

THANK YOU SO MUCH Steven=g !! You're the hero today !

SC-1.jpg

SC-2.jpg

SC-3.jpg