What is it with curve text??

Jaelin

I could really use a curve text that actually works. When I do curve text it overlaps the letters at times and looks terrible. The only way I get it finally to work is to explode the text and manually move the text around till it fits. The problem is I'm going to have probably 200+ different instances of long strings of curve text with my current project which gets very annoying having to explode the text, move it then block it just to keep from having loose letters everywhere. Anybody found a way to do curve text with success??

The text will overlap if the Text height is to big for the Arc see image:

Not very clear sorry.......... click on the text & change in properties.

SP32-20090127-154702.jpg

All editing can be done in the properties. You can change the radius, or start and end angles or arc offset to affect the length of the arc. Or you can change the text height and width factor to change the text itself.

The text will overlap if the Text height is to big for the Arc see image:

Not very clear sorry.......... click on the text & change in properties.

The text has to stay the same size to meet drafting standards however the size is not the issue. The arc is 550 feet long, the text only takes up 250 of that.

All editing can be done in the properties. You can change the radius, or start and end angles or arc offset to affect the length of the arc. Or you can change the text height and width factor to change the text itself.

Ok, that works with some modifying. I just wish you could edit the character spacing after placing the text. It's better than what I had before though. I appreciate the help. Thanks guys!!

Might it help to use monospace or a font of the monospace family?

It might, however we are really only allowed to use either simplex, roman, italic or bold text to meet our drafting standards. That kinda puts me in a box to stay in with the text. I'll check this out to see if it works though.

If you type in ARCTEXT again or go to express then arc-aligned text, you can click on your arc text you just made and it will bring up the original dialog box so you can edit it.

If you type in ARCTEXT again or go to express then arc-aligned text, you can click on your arc text you just made and it will bring up the original dialog box so you can edit it.

Cool, thanx!:D