Qgis to dxf

NoroZorro

Hello forum!!!

I'm dead tired.

I discovered Qgis.I'm able to get dxf from shape file. Original Gis of shape file are set to nad87mtm8. I don't know what I'm talking about....

My question is: Is there way so dxf generated by qgis fits in right to where it's suppose to be in autocat lt (example overlay on bing map(when I set geolocation)

Begging  for answer

Thanks

Beware the AutoCAD GeoLocation command.  If you take a drawing on arbitrary coordinates and use AutoCAD's Pick Location function, picking a point in your drawing, you are setting yourself up for a world of problems, such as never being able to properly merge other data that is correctly georeferenced.  Yes, the Bing images may line up, yes the lat/long reported may be approximately correct, but drawings in arbitrary/assumed coordinates will lead to problems including embarrassment if you provide them to surveyors, engineers or GIS professionals.

Others agree, take a look at this Autodesk forum post.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply

The above post talks about autocad map 3d

Can I achieve the desired result in Autocad LT? I mean being able to insert geo referenced dxf and dwg's and read lat long values according to gcs 

OR qgis and autocad lt can function together?

The Autodesk forum post refers to Map3D, primarily as a preferred way to set a drawings coordinate system with ADESETDWGSYS.  However plain AutoCAD, Map3D, Civil3D and other verticals share the problematic GeoLocation command.  As for LT, sorry to be blunt but I don't know it's abilities and don't care to learn the abilities of such a crippled package.

We used jpg's and georeferenced JGW file which accompanies it, using lisp it auto moves and rescales the image to the correct geo reference. Why I mention this is I was trying to work out the JGW factors but use excel to work out the insert point and correct scale. 

I have attached the lisp for formula reference.

• 2 years later...

Hello NoroZoro! Have you found a solution ever since? I habe the same problem with the AutoCad LT Version when importing drawings in QGIS...I would very much appreciate the advice of an capable person!=)

• 9 months later...

For those still struggling with this issue the process we use is to start with a known geometry in QGIS (such as a property boundary or a building footprint). Export that from QGIS in the CRS you want to use. Make sure that the CRS is in the units you want to use in CAD. In the US that is probably a state plane coordinate system with feet as the units. Import that into your CAD file and then align your other data to that. Now your file is in the right place and any other data you move to/from QGIS will match. You can now use the geolocation command in AutoCAD for streaming images etc.