LISP - Drawing Vertical Profile for Pipeline

Leuthar

Hello everyone,

I need to create a LISP file which will be used to draw a vertical profile for the pipeline system. Vertical profile should be created using a clicked point as datum and there should be an information section right under the profile giving information about the pipeline stations, slopes between them, diameter of the pipes, etc. I'm using an excel spreadsheet to create this pipeline system and all the information needed to create the profile is written in a .dat file. I'm not familiar to LISP creation at all, I only modified a couple of files shared by my colleagues. 

Here is what I need help with, I have a limited time to create this LISP file, so it is better to have a similar source code which I can modify it to work as I want. Anybody who have some sort of information about this topic or have some source codes willing to share, please help me out.

If you think there is an introductory information that I can examine how command lines are working it would help me a lot as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGAL said:

The simplest answer is to get civil design software like CIV3D or other software that is out there https://civilsitedesign.com/ yes it will cost.

I have a stable and well-defined Excel spreadsheet for all the hydraulic calculations, so it is not applicable for my case to use another software. I need to figure out a simple way to draw all the data I have on the sheet. Thanks for the suggestion though.

you can use excel "CONCATENATE" function to with chainage as X axis length and Pipe Elevation as Y axis. then Copy and use PL command in cad and paste it all

the ucs needs to be aligned too 0,0 at your starting on profile. Maybe this will be difficult to understand.. 

or you can try a lisp i am attaching. I have modified it a bit for my needs, try it..

Nline - As We Type.LSP

• Like 1

It is feasible to use excel to actually draw in Autocad for what you want its a bit lengthy, most people who have written this type of thing have spent years coding in excel so have macros etc built up..

If you break it down into steps there are just so many.

Draw plot title block

Draw chainages and lines

Draw inverts

Draw depth to invert

Draw ns level

Draw slope text

Draw verticals at correct chainage

Draw surface profile

Draw pipe profile 

Phew  out of breath and no where finished.

Lastly there is some lisp out there for "draw long section" do a search.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:39 AM, BIGAL said:

It is feasible to use excel to actually draw in Autocad for what you want its a bit lengthy, most people who have written this type of thing have spent years coding in excel so have macros etc built up..

If you break it down into steps there are just so many.

Draw plot title block

Draw chainages and lines

Draw inverts

Draw depth to invert

Draw ns level

Draw slope text

Draw verticals at correct chainage

Draw surface profile

Draw pipe profile 

Phew  out of breath and no where finished.

Lastly there is some lisp out there for "draw long section" do a search.

RIGHTLY SAID , RATER THAN LISP IT I POSSIBLE TO MAKE A VBA PROGRAM  OR ADD IN MENU PROGRAM. LIKE IN AUTOCAD APP STORE.

THANKS

• 1 month later...