CAD arcs are deleted when importing into 3ds max

Alanus

For some reason some of the files I export from CAD to 3ds max get it's arcs deleted and after trying all the different export settings I wasn't able to get them to work on 3ds max.
I've also tried to find a way to convert these arcs into something(All in one go) but that didn't work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't have Max installed anymore, so I can't import your file, but I did open your CAD file and I see that a lot of your arcs are actually ellipses. Are those the ones that are deleted when you import? If so, change the ellipses to arcs or full circles and that should solve the problem.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can redraw them and that does work but on bigger files it can take hours at a time so I'd really like to find some sort of way to do them all at at the same time.

Well, I don't know of any way to do that with standard Autocad commands. You could try asking in the Lisp section to see if anyone has a custom routine, but I'm not sure if one could be written for this situation since every ellipse will be a different size and shape.

Just out of curiosity, why did you draw them as ellipses to begin with? Especially the circles. Those are two ellipses joined together. You should have just drawn a simple circle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link!

As for why I did it like that the answer is: I didn't :P
Our clients send us all kinds of broken and weird drawings with all sorts of problems, and as I focus entirely on 3d art I barely know how to use CAD.