Looking for a Macro to Insert, Rotate and Trim.

CAD_Question

HI Everyone,

I'm currently making a library of custom blocks that will be inserted into a custom toolbar. I have tried to create a macro to insert, rotate and trim around the block, but am having trouble with the trim portion of the command. if someone could edit the macro below to allow for the trim command to work it would be greatly appreciated. 

^C^C_insert;"Flanged Swing Check Valve";\;;;Rotate;last;;

You have one too many semi-colons after inserting the block, does this work for you?

^C^C_insert;"Flanged Swing Check Valve";\;;Rotate;last;;\\Trim;last;;

This should finish with the prompt to select objects to trim and let you start picking objects. Why not use the Rotation option when you are inserting the block (unless the rotattion isn't based at the insert point)? that would just save a bit of code.

It seems like the old macro is still linked to the block somehow? I went to the long string editor and changed the macro to insert and trim only (just to test the macro) and it will insert the block, then prompt for a rotation at the insertion point and finally end the macro. Any thoughts on when might be going wrong?

You should be seeing this, depending on whether you use dynamic input or just the command line, if not then can you post a screenshot of what you see on the command line.

trim.jpg

Looks like your system may well require that extra semi-colon during the insert part, try adding that back in. 💡 I created a test block and have it set to use uniform scaling which is probably why I don't need 3 semi-colons.

You can use lisp in macros so it could be rewritten, it makes the number of ; and \ etc a bit clearer to follow.

The other thing to look at is the block default settings looking at 2020 its slightly different now depending on what is ticked on a insert can be name and pt only. This is probably why Steven-g had 1 less ;

Actually got down to block name only. Block inserted at 0,0,0 scale 1 1 1 rotation 0.

Edited by BIGAL