takes out the coordinates of several polylines with a .txt file

asra

A couple of issues in that hopefully ssget will get the plines in correct order.

The chainage can be non incremental ie 400+186 then 400+190 

Again if the chainage is created in the same order as plines then a match can be done.

Lastly the most important why are you doing this ? It does not make sense to me. If its for setout then the civil software used should be able to produce a truce xyz of the cross section with world co-ordinates. The software I use does this.

Thank you for your respom @BIGAL
so I need this Lisp to make a graph on Ms. Exel whose purpose is to make backup quantity calculations, usually I input polyline coordinates and move the UCS points one by one. I hope there is a Lisp that can make this work faster by exporting all the coordinates in one layer to the .txt file.

image.png.5b11a1ee1eebb25c79839b8249fae701.png

Ok what you have asked for makes sense, think about this though, if horizontal scale is different to vertical, a simple fix, select entire sheet make it into a block then change the x & y scale so you end up with true 1:1 cross sections it may mean scale like 0.1 x, 0.05 y. Explode the block, so I have just saved you an immense amount of time the hatch is now true area so just find all the hatches and export to excel and do your checks. This is something we have been doing for years for vehicle interface checking.

434+025,26.735

434+050,30.510

450+50 = 30.510 cubic meter is this correct.

the .dwg scale that I have included in the appendix has fulfilled my needs which is 1 unit = 1 meter, unfortunately the calculation you made is not right, for more details about the calculation I include the illustration below,
suppose I take an example in the cross section 450 + 000 (A) and 450 + 025 (B).
- 450 + 000 (A) obtained area = 45 m2
- 450 + 025 (B) obtained area = 53.5 m2
to calculate the area between (A) and (B) we need to add and divide by 2,
So the area between (A) and (B) is 49.25 m2.
The final step to get the volume in m3 is to multiply the area by the distance from (A) to (B), so the volume (A) to (B) = 1231.25 m3 can be obtained.

back to the beginning of the topic, in fact I only need coordinates which later to make a graph on Ms. Excel. I hope you can help me in this matter, Thanks 🙏.

image.png

Why get all complicated, what is wrong with the List command (that's not Lisp it is List), turn on logfiles =on select all the polylines 'list' open the logfile (maybe wait a m inute if there are many polylines) you can find where the log file is stored 'logfilepath'. The file will have the drawing name plus a few extra numbers with the extension .log, Change the file extension to .xls you will need to run the excel 'text to columns' on the data tab using 'space' and '=' as delimeters.

Select everything turn on 'filter' you will be able to see which column to filter on and filter for the words 'text' and 'at', then select all the results copy and paste into a new sheet.

It took longer to write than to do, it normally takes me just over a minute.

OK timed it 2 minutes 12 seconds. A couple of points to note,

select the items in order label, polyline, label, polyline,etc

you need to close the drawing before you can rename the .log file

you will be asked if you really want to change the extension "YES"

opening the file in xls will give a warning that the file type doesn't match the extension are you sure you want to open it "YES"

And lastly don't use the List command multiple times in drawing session if you make a mistake close and reopen the drawing which starts a new logfile, a logfile is created per drawing session so if you use list multiple times you will get all the results in one long logfile repeated (though that can be useful sometimes)

The results are attached, you will also see I applied filters to 2 columns (the word text shows twice in the column).

Edit list will also give you the area of the polylines

MASTER CROSS SECTION_1c01842c3.zip

Edited by steven-g

asra I understand I am a civil engineer just retired after 40 years, your talking about using the end area method of volume calc. The hatch gives you the area write that out to excel and yes (area 1 + area 2) / 2 * distance between chainages. This is something I have done so many times. What I am talking about is a improvement to what your doing.

Area is 53.471
Area is 53.161
Area is 44.982
Area is 55.407
Area is 61.021
Area is 54.205

Edited by BIGAL