Trim/break Objects at intersection/end point with dash line

nura235

Hi All,

I am looking to get the below result with help of lisp/vba programming. Basically I require even spacing between autocad object when we use them as dash or hidden line types specially at intersection and end points.

Capture.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Nura

Edited by nura235

Making into plines helps.

There is maybe two variables sorry can not remember what they are but affect the start and end of linetypes in the way they display. Others will know them.

2 hours ago, Roy_043 said:

The variable is PLINEGEN. Setting it to ON (1) will affect the LinetypeGeneration property of newly created polylines.

This is not working when you have multiple line not polyline and also at intersection the result is not visible as needed.

Do you have any idea if any similar variable to work with other object like arc, spline?

Thank you for your response.

Linetypes do have their limitations and you'll just have to accept that. But you can play with whipeouts and the _Break command if you really want achieve this. But IMO that would be a waste of time.

I don't think that any amount of programming would help you to produce closed shapes with AutoCAD lines. At best you would have gaps.

However, if someone can show the way, I would be most interested.

20 minutes ago, eldon said:

I don't think that any amount of programming would help you to produce closed shapes with AutoCAD lines. At best you would have gaps.

However, if someone can show the way, I would be most interested.

Any gap if can be created with the help of programming would be really helpful. In addition we can adjust gap with value along with selection of objects

The only way for 99% is its not a dashed line but a series of little lines or arcs, but this has obvious overheads. Using group can help. Splines a problem but probably little lines would not be obvious.

You could have rules start/finish end or have gap ends etc use a fuzzy factor for multi line length. Bit longer bit shorter.

Edited by BIGAL

This is a crazy thought! Make an MLEADER style with no text and no arrowhead, then use it for drawing your lines. Then use the DIMBREAK command to add you gaps!

Of course this does pose some issues with Automatic layer managers perhaps, it could work?

Edited by pkenewell