Double-clicking drawing also opens an empty drawing

mickeforsberg

I have an issue with AutoCAD when I open drawings from Explorer. I have SDI, Single Document Variable set to 1 because I often have a lot of drawings and some of them crashes AutoCAD and I don't want to deal with the recovery manager for each other drawing everytime...

Anyway... when I open drawings from Explorer it first opens an empty drawing, then it starts loading a second instance of the actual drawing I opened. Anybody else has this problem?

AutoCAD 2018

55 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Type STARTUP at the command prompt and change the setting. I have mine set to "2", but there are other options, see HERE.

It makes no difference it seems. When I double click the drawing I want to open it first opens an empty drawing (or whatever you set "startup" to I guess) and when it has finished loading that first instance, it continues with a new AutoCAD instance where it loads the drawing i double clicked.

It wasn't like this before but I'm not sure what I have done to make it so.

Edited by mickeforsberg

4 hours ago, mickeforsberg said:

It makes no difference it seems. When I double click the drawing I want to open it first opens an empty drawing (or whatever you set "startup" to I guess) and when it has finished loading that first instance, it continues with a new AutoCAD instance where it loads the drawing i double clicked.

It wasn't like this before but I'm not sure what I have done to make it so.

That seems odd. If you change the STARTUP setting, Autocad should not open a blank drawing.

You say it wasn't like this before? When did this start happening and what's different between now and before this started happening? Any new computer updates, new software installed, etc.