2d plan trees, coloring options

Drew44

I am looking for good rendering workflow options to create great looking landscape plans.  Is there a way to create a library of plants, render them individually in photoshop using my shading and shadowing styles, THEN import them as individual blocks into your AutoCad file?  I've tried importing as PDF but it brings in a square box along with the colored tree graphic.  I'm looking for plant symbols that have a little depth to them and not just a flat solid hatch pattern. 

In Photoshop, delete the white background, so only the tree remains, then save the tree as .png format.

In Autocad, insert the tree image. Open the Properties palette and enable "Background Transparency".

In the image below, I have also set the Imageframe variable to 0, so the image border is not visible.

Image.jpg

• Like 1

YES!! I created the plant image in photoshop and saved/ imported as you said- flawless.  I had forgotten about the imageframe setting command.  Great thing with the photoshop opacity values, they carry through into autocad, so I can see overlapping data and understory plants under the tree symbols. Thank you!  test1.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody remember doing this by plotting the drawing on a pen or pencil plotter and spending a day or two with a set of watercolors and a brush?