K Baden

Tool Palette Support Path LISP

K Baden

Good morning all,

I currently have the below LISP routine which successfully adds the file path i want to add, the only problem is, it deletes the default C drive path that exists. Is there an easy way to just add this path on top of the original default path? I am deploying some palettes to my team but want to ensure that if they already have their own elsewhere, it doesn't delete that path. 

Any ideas? i just want it to be in addition to any existing paths, rather than overwriting what someone may have there. 

(defun C:TPPATH ()
(setq pFiles (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object)))) ;;get file preferences
(setq tpPath "-insert new file path here-") ;;set your path here
(vla-put-toolPalettePath pFiles tpPath) ;;set tool palette path

(princ)
)

dlanorh
28 minutes ago, K Baden said:

Good morning all,

I currently have the below LISP routine which successfully adds the file path i want to add, the only problem is, it deletes the default C drive path that exists. Is there an easy way to just add this path on top of the original default path? I am deploying some palettes to my team but want to ensure that if they already have their own elsewhere, it doesn't delete that path. 

Any ideas? i just want it to be in addition to any existing paths, rather than overwriting what someone may have there. 

(defun C:TPPATH ()
(setq pFiles (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object)))) ;;get file preferences
(setq tpPath "-insert new file path here-") ;;set your path here
(vla-put-toolPalettePath pFiles tpPath) ;;set tool palette path

(princ)
)

You are replacing the existing with the new. You needed to go a bit deeper.

Try this

(defun C:TPPATH (/ pFiles tpPaths tpPath)
  	(setq tpPaths (vlax-get-property pFiles 'toolpalettepath)); Get the current path(s)
	(setq tpPath "-insert full new file path here-") ;;set your path here eg "C:\\Users\\....."
	(vla-put-toolPalettePath pFiles (strcat tpPaths ";" tpPath)) ;;add your new path to the string dividing paths with a ";"  
   	(princ)
)

• Like 1

BIGAL

Like dlanorh there are a number of paths that can be multiples in the preferences so the strcat is the way around it. If you want a bit more bullet proof would check if that path exists 1st else will add every time you run.