Arrowhead size

peterhuang913

Is there a max size to the arrowhead? I tried to put a 1' arrow on a 2' leader and it won't show up. If I adjust the leader to longer, then it shows up. Oddly, I drew the same thing yesterday and it works and it's still there, same plot.

Basically it depends on the distance from your arrowhead to the landing of the leader. I've never taken the time to figure out the ratio involed, but it appears to be around 1/3. If your arrowheads are disappearing their size is probably too large anyway, or you're trying to get the landing to close to the object.

Not that I know of, and you really shouldn't want to. How big are yout arrowheads plotting and how far away is the landing?

You could create a leader with a Polyline. Then you could adjust the landing to whatever length you need.

For example:

Command: PLINE

Specify start point: (Select starting point on screen)

Current line-width is 0.0000

Specify next point or [Arc/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: W

Specify starting width : 0

Specify ending width : .340

Specify next point or [Arc/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: (Select point on screen)

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: W

Specify starting width : 0

Specify ending width : 0

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: (Select point on screen)

LEADER-3.jpg

Ok, that works, but I'm working with a right angle arrowhead. I suppose I can just draw it out, to imitate it, but it defeats the purpose of having an arrowhead feature.

I'm using mleader to make a ray on each side of a text. Kinda like,

So there's no really way around the size limitation of arrowheads?

So there's no really way around the size limitation of arrowheads?
Create your own arrowhead.

It came from 2000i Help, I think it can be of help.

Creating Arrowheads [user's Guide: AUG]Dimension line arrowheads are AutoCAD blocks. (See chapter 13, Using Blocks and External References.) AutoCAD provides 19 arrowheads that you can use, but you can also create and use your own arrowhead blocks. AutoCAD inserts the block in the arrowhead location and sets the object's X and Y scale factors to arrowhead size × overall scale. To trim the dimension line, AutoCAD inserts the rightmost block with a zero rotation angle for horizontal dimensions and rotates the leftmost block 180 degrees about its insertion point. If you use paper space scaling, AutoCAD computes the scale factor before applying it to the arrowhead size value.