DraftSignt2019: Zoom fit...makes drawing desappear

sinergy2020

Hi, I am new to DS2019,
I am just trying out the commands and when I apply the FIT zoom to an .dwg drawing (to a large topo map ) the whole drawing disappears....and don't understand why nor I know how to make it reappear again (unless I undo the command)

I tried the same zoom command with a simpler drawing, like a rectangle, and it seems to work well

Can anyone explain what is the right way of using this command?

It sounds that you may have some object 'miles away' from your main geometry.

Zoom FIT in Draftsight will zoom out to include everything, so if you have something miles out then your main geometry will just be a dot somewhere within the zoomed window.

I don't realy know Draughtsight, but in Autocad when this happened then after the zoom (zoom extents in Acad) we would 'Select ALL' to see the grip marks on the rouge object so we knew where it was to delete it or move it closer to the main geometry.
(Or when windowed to the main geometry - select all, remove the main goemetry from the selection set, and delete the rest that is still selected outside the main geometry).

In Draftsight you could also try the Rebuild command first, in case it is zooming out to include something that has already been deleted.

http://help.solidworks.com/2019/english/DraftSight/html/hlpid_view_zoomfit.htm?id=84747864d43d4286bbe44a85e2ce5887#Pg0

Edited by nukecad

Attach a copy of your drawing to your next post.  Someone here can probably find the offending object(s) causing the problem.  I have both Draftsight 2019 and nanoCAD 2020 installed on my laptop.

Why do I get a message that reads "One or more externally referenced documents could not be loaded"?  What document was being referenced?

Is this what you are tying to bring up on your screen?

Plano topo_1.PNG

Edited by ReMark

Yes this is the topo map, but there should also be an aerial photo which I tried to scale to fit the real size of the topo map

It is after I include this photo (by doing 'Insert'->'Attach Image', scale and do the 'zoom fit' command that everything disappears, now you have resumed the topo map only

The aerial photo belongs to the 'Ortofoto' layer.

As for the files which can't be loaded, these are files that the topographer didn't include for some reason when I was sent the topo map, I think one of the files is .ctb file and a .pdf file but I reckon they are not necessary to displaying the topo map itself.

When I did an "Erase > All" Draftsight reported back the following.  3834 found, 2 egroup, 7 not in drawing and 4 on frozen layer.  When I executed the Erase command using the Window option around the topo plan Draftsight it had found 1562 [objects], 2 egroup.  

I have yet to find the aerial photo.  It seems unusual to see a topo map have its units of measurement set to millimeters.  Don't you agree?

Edited by ReMark

Not having DraftSight, but playing in AutoCAD, I found two images inserted at 0,0 and measuring 0.1194. This would be invisible when you do a zoom all. The UCS icon would hide the grips.

Missing JPG.PNG

3 hours ago, ReMark said:

I have yet to find the aerial photo.  It seems unusual to see a topo map have its units of measurement set to millimeters.  Don't you agree?

I do agree, but when I go to the Options section I see that the units of measurements are set in meters not in mm

May be there is more than one place where these need to be set appropriately?

image.thumb.png.0f4345f74ad4a39a5f9feb8369e34ca6.png