Scale for exporting to PDF

efg

Hi, I have a drawing for a garage that I have created in the model space and the units are set to mm whilst the page setup is set to A2.  I have double checked the dimensions on the model and they are correct and now need to export to PDF.  Can someone please let me know how I can export to PDF at a scale of 1:50 @ A2. 

I have exported to PDF using the page setup as A2 and then printed on A4 but need to confirm that the scale is correct before sending it to the printers to print at A2.

Thanks

Bless metric so easy.

Ok 1st step is go to a layout, draw a box 594x420 offset it 6mm.

Use mview create a view using inside box, double click inside, zoom all etc and get the view about right.

As your metric there is a real simple method to set the scale of the window, 1st is I have the vports toolbar ON you will see a number in the little square, this is a scale factor you can directly set this, eg 1:50 = 1000/50 = 20 type 20 into the box scale is now 1:50. Lock the viewport.

The other way is to use "scale"xp so in the view type zoom 20xp, it should be 1:50.

So if you can remember 1000/scale its easy.

Last step plot, window, select the bot left & upper right of the inner box, scale 1:1 your ctb and so on make sure tick center also.

image.png.958141f735c611693591fe3adfc62bbf.pngimage.png.2551e179e9aa5c9cadff825e8192e6c4.png

• Like 1

Going from A4 to A2 you will double the sizes, if you take a measurement on the A4 drawing of 100mm when you print onto A2 that distance will then be 200mm, so it should be easy to work out.

But you would be better plotting from AutoCAD directly to A2 if possible, PDF isn't known for being 100% accurate (close, possibly even correct but that isn't what it is designed for).

Edited by steven-g

Thanks for the help.  I need to export to PDF to send it to the planning department but the export has to be accurate as they will print from the PDF.

This is what I have at the moment, the scale is set to 1:50.  The printer settings are also shown below.  Are these correct?

image.thumb.png.a4d00c4f204c6cd08c39bf7c401b8f31.png

image.thumb.png.a4f9cc04897f69b80af437505c6eaa2c.png

Should work ok, We have a title block A1 size but always plot A3 unless asked for a contract set of A1's, so A3 a scale of 1:2 it is dimensionally correct, but the old adage never scale of a paper sheet.

Refer to my post above I would use "window" and "Center the plot" a bit more reliable than "layout". 8 designers always worked.

If you are sending off a PDF to be printed by someone else, I would always include a scale bar in the drawing, so that the scaling could be checked on the print.