drag and drop failing

gotchy

I am attempting to drag a ttf font file from my desktop into the font folder of Win 10.  I receive a message

saying that it does not appear to be a valid font.

Gotchy

50 minutes ago, gotchy said:

I am attempting to drag a ttf font file from my desktop into the font folder of Win 10

Try right clicking on the font and then choose Install from the pop up menu.

What you've tried should have worked.

What's the ttf file and where'd you get it from?

What version of Windows are you using? 

With all the True Type fonts installed with Windows 10 and AutoCAD the only ones I've added were from Florida's Dept. of Transportation.

1 hour ago, gotchy said:

Thank you for your response sir.  Google says that your recommendation only works when a particular update has been installed.

Have you tried it?

14 minutes ago, gotchy said:

tombu, 

Thanks for your response.  I downloaded the ttf file from dafont.com.  This is the

result of a RMB.

Why did you start a new thread?

I have merged your other thread into this one. Please continue on in this thread. No need to start another one.

21 minutes ago, gotchy said:

Have I tried what?

I believe RobDraw was asking if you tried my suggestion about right clicking on the font and installing it that way. It wasn't clear from your reply if you tried what I suggested or just read what Google said and didn't try it.

50 minutes ago, gotchy said:

This is the result of a RMB.

When I look at your screenshot, it appears that you are right clicking on a shortcut, not the actual font file. You need to right click on the font file in order to install it. I assume that's probably why drag and drop is failing also. If you're dragging and dropping that shortcut, it's not going to work. You need to grab the actual TTF file.

I was referring to actually trying the suggestion instead ruling out from a Google search but it appears that something else is going on and that is not the font file. 

Try going to file location. 

Edited by RobDraw

On 2/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, Cad64 said:

I believe RobDraw was asking if you tried my suggestion about right clicking on the font and installing it that way. It wasn't clear from your reply if you tried what I suggested or just read what Google said and didn't try it.

Yes I did try RMB, I did not get the option to install.  I downloaded the files from another source and was able to drag and drop the files into the font libraryI want to thank all you gentlemen for your responses.  I'm sure you know that your responses are invaluable to a beginner. Thanks again   Andrew Gotcheski