Custom Hatch pattern .pat

DODGE

Hi Guys

Just loaded AutoCad 2020 and just tweeking a few things.

Can anybody tell me how I load my Custom hatch patterns?

When I click the Hatch tool bar I get-

Ansi - ISO - Other Predefined and Custom = Nothing.

I Have all my .pat files saved on a usb from AutoCad 2015, can somebody step me through how to get them back into 2020?

I believe I have to create a path in Options - Support File search path.

Can somebody tell me exactly how to type this out, I'm worried in case I stuff something up.

When I tried to type a search path before, it said this search path doesn't exist😶

Thanks Guys

Dodge

Thanks Big Al

So what your saying is, I can dump my hatch .pat files in a folder somewhere on my computer,

then go to support files search path, click add, then browse to the folder where i have my .pat files all without typing in the path?

In your opinion, where would be a good spot to create my hatch folder?

Sorry for sounding a bit dumb with this, but i'm worried i'm gonna stuff it up.

Thanks for the help

Dodge

11 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Config

Files

Support files search path

Then use Add and Browse to the directory location this way no typing errors.

Showing your age there😄 Config still brings up Options for now though it hasn't been a command for years. I remember typing that in often myself.

Thanks for the help guys, I created a folder  in the support folder and just called it hatches.

I then closed AutoCad and re started, and all my custom hatches were there when I hatched a rectangle, so all good.

Iv'e now migrated all my custom settings to a usb in case I change computers later. I'm still an old classic face user lol.

Cheers Guys

Dodge😎

There is an undocumented feature that you can set a top directory level so could have lisp, hatch menus etc below it you pick the top directory and add … trying to remember 2 or 3 periods, full stops etc a bit easier than doing say 3 times.