Locking plate drawing

kamran

I have got this small drawing to made, I am stuck in between and couldn't understand how to complete. Can anyone help or if someone can quickly draw, I can then study how its done.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ex03.dwg

Are you familiar with the command SNAPANG?  It can be used to turn your crosshairs to any angle you need.  In this case you want to set it to 45.  You can then draw the two construction lines that  extend from the center of the polygon.  Once you have these lines drawn they can be offset to establish the intersection points needed to construct the lower part of the locking plate.  Note: This exercise will benefit from the use of the Circle command with the TTR option to create the arcs with the radii of 1.25 and 6.00.  TTR stands for Tangent-Tangent-Radius.

LockgPlate.PNG

Edited by ReMark

Thank you for the reply.

No actually I am not into CAD guru, a friend of mine just asked some help and I got stuck in between. Can you share the DWG file of final drawing please?

I suppose I could but if this is for a course someone is taking wouldn't it be better to finish what has been started rather than "borrow" a drawing?  How does one learn if they don't make mistakes?

My comments would seem to be a bit late, but I will mention it anyway. There appear to be a couple of anomalies in the drawing supplied.

The top line is not tangential.

The hexagon is not at the correct angle.

Hope your friend spotted these before the drawing was sent!!

Anomalies.PNG