Lock viewport scale

samifox

when in layout double-clicking in viewport access the model space temporarily.

if you accidentally roles the middle mouse button you might slightly change the scale.

I want to set my preferred scale to be 1:10 and restrict those unwanted scaling. locking a viewport doesn't solve the issue because the locking cause panning the whole layout. I want to be able to pan the model space only without panning the layout.

how it is nativly possible?

Tx

SHay

Very carefully!!

Do not use the scroll wheel!

Pan by starting the Pan command, or hold down the left mouse button (if it is set up that way).

Also when you have finished, check the viewport scaling.

It is not possible. The viewport is either locked or unlocked. You can't lock scale and unlock panning. I lock all of my viewports and if I need to change the view, I adjust the actual viewport using grips instead of panning. It works quite well.

23 minutes ago, RobDraw said:

It is not possible. The viewport is either locked or unlocked. You can't lock scale and unlock panning. I lock all of my viewports and if I need to change the view, I adjust the actual viewport using grips instead of panning. It works quite well.

nothing is imposiible with all the API autocad has. just wanna make sure no native option to do that before developing a solution.

I should have prefaced my above remarks with "In an unlocked viewport..."

Then panning is possible, but check the scale and lock the viewport after panning.

sorry being rude. 

if you didnt notice...autodesk should take care of it. seems like elementry wish.

tx

Sometimes, what seems like a simple software solution is not so simple in reality and wishing for it is an exercise in futility.

You may want to try the "vpmax" command.

Enter command, pick viewport, and that viewport becomes maximized.

You can zoom, pan, orbit, or whatever to change what you're looking at, and when you enter "pspace" to exit, your viewport goes back to its original orientation.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtkell said:

You may want to try the "vpmax" command.

Enter command, pick viewport, and that viewport becomes maximized.

You can zoom, pan, orbit, or whatever to change what you're looking at, and when you enter "pspace" to exit, your viewport goes back to its original orientation.

That is exactly the correct solution.  

• Like 1

In an unlocked viewport zoom to where you want pan so its in middle zoom to what you think is about right, then use zoom scaleXP for metric its easy as its a function say of 1000 4xp=1:250 then pan a bit if required then lock.

Will look at vpmax though learn some thing new every day.

Edited by BIGAL