3D Ripple wall model

Haz

Its to be CNC milled from a 12' x 4' 15mm thick mdf board!

Loft is the only way to go. Unfortunately loft is a bit limited in AutoCAD and kind of a one-shot-at-a-time deal that is difficult to edit if not exactly what you want. Anyhow there is no other option that I would consider other than loft.

If you could get access to Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks (Inventor LT is free in some parts of the world, but I don't think UK) you would have much easier editing control and also Draft Analysis to make sure you don't have any undercuts for the CNC milling.

Yep went and checked for availability,

"Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview 2009 is available as English language software and is available for download only in Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, and the United States."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• Haz

• rustysilo

• Secretagdan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried again when i got home.

Acad09 will let me create a region using 3 lines and a spline and use it as a loft cross section.

Acad07 will not let me.

I agree with jd. using something like inventor will let you tweak and alter the solid by editing the cross sections. It will give you way more control.

If you only have acad07 then i suggest you make your defining curves using arcs and straight lines, filleting then using Pedit to join those lines into a closed object. acad07 will let you use these for cross sections and create a solid when lofted.

If all of your sections have the same side and base profile there is no need for straight lines as guides.

I've tried it too with this texture, and it seems to work (I have Cad2007).

I first made the surface (with splines and loft) and then simply cut a rectangular prisma with it.

If you have already your surface, I suggest you just use it to cut a rectangular solid.