Scale only part of a block, keep the other part a constant size

mickeforsberg

Hello!

I'm looking for a solution to my problem. I have a block (center in the attached image) that I'd like to be able to scale as usual, but I want the red circle to remain the same size always. This particular one is a symbol for a smoke detector and the red circle is supposed to be the coverage of this detector. That is why I want the coverage circle to remain a constant diameter of let's say 10 meters, but I'd still like to be able to scale the smoke detector symbol depending on viewport scale. I also want the circle to follow the detector so that I don't have to select both.

Other requests are the ability to freeze or turn off visibility of the circle, but I'd still want it to follow the smoke detector if moved.

Is any of this doable?
What are your thoughts? Thanks! 🍻

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by mickeforsberg

• 5 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 1:16 AM, BIGAL said:

Dynamic block so circle is always a fixed rad.

Sorry I'm a bit late on this...

I'm not sure how I go about doing that. Could the dynamic block have a fixed radius on the circle even when I scale the block in properties?

Edit: I tried using the diameter constraint under the parametric tab and it seems to work fine while in Block Editor. However when in the drawing it still scales the circle.

Edited by mickeforsberg