first point/s of existing closed polyline/s

Hello. I need to know where is the first point during plotting of existing close polyline.

The dwg file of the series of adjoining polylines was from somebody. I have to reconstruct the Tie lines(angle and distance) from the Tie Point to the corner 1 of each polygon. Thank You

Edited by ctdlc888

If the whole of the polyline is visible on screen use 'pedit' then 'edit'. The first point it highlights is the first point. Alternatively type 'list', select the polyline and it gives you the co-ords of all the points on the polyline and the first one in the list is the first point on the ployline.

• Thanks 1

The simplest way is to select the polyline and look at its properties. One of those properties is Current Vertex, which will be 1 when you initially select the polyline. Highlight the Current Vertex field and that vertex will display a marker, which moves as you rotate through the vertices (and shows you the order they were drawn in).

• Thanks 1

My $0.05

(setq obj2 (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel "\nPick a pline"))))
(setq end1 (vlax-curve-getendpoint obj2))
(setq start1(vlax-curve-getstartpoint obj2))

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...