exercise-Interchange

RickP

I need to draw tgis interchange and i am having tons of troubles with it. any chance someone could tutor me on how exactly i am to do this? I found the answer on another forum here but the answers were convoluted and not overly clear for this beginner.

IMG_0009.png

In this example everything is given, start by drawig the crossroads, with continuous and with dashed lines as shown, and use the trin command to cutout the sections you don't need, the only point that maybe cause problems is knowing where the vertical position of the two radii 140' and 160' are centered horizontally they are both 60' from th main vertical road edge, but the vertical measurement is not given, but in a case like this it would then be safe to use te fact that the 140' radius would be tangential to the horizontal road edge where it joins that road (if not then the drawing is ambiguous and you need to ask qusetions. So the only thing you need to know is the theory of tangents. And if you don't know that then that is what you need to study for this exercise. Once those arcs are drawn (circles and again use trim. When the crossroads and the 140' 160' arc's are drawn and trimmed, then all that is left to do is use the fillet command with the correct radius setting to draw the R15' and R50' arcs.

So you should be able to draw this image with just the 'line' 'circle' (maybe 'offset') 'trim' and 'fillet' commands with the linetype command to load a dashed lintype, and possibly just a couple of temporary lines to locate the centre point of the R140'/160' arcs. And if needed lineweight settings in the properties palette.

Just an extra when you do the 15' rad by using fillet it will break a line so the offset line will be shortened say removing right side, what you can do is draw a dummy line a little bit to left (hor line example) then use trim between the 140' rad and the dummy line to trim the line at the 140 arc and create 2 lines now so your fillet will work.