Mono Plot and white circles

oly2b

I am trying to draw up a paper air pistol target for printing off on card due to Corvid 19.

I have not used CAD in anger for 10 years and I am struggling with the printing, what need to be able to do is have solid black aiming point but have white scoring rings marking 10, 9, and 8.

Tried every thing I can think off but it prints all solid central circle (mono A4 laser printer).

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I attached a picture of what I am trying to achieve. Using AutoCAD LT 2009

Air8 .jpg

6 Yard AP Target 140mm sized.dwg

The AutoCad color "white" spelled out is actually an automatic black/white that will change inverted to the background color.  In other words it will always display black in paperspace on a white background. and will display white in modelspace on a black background.  The opposite is also true.  It came about when the black modelspace background came to be.  The color "white" always prints black on paper.

Your other problem is that there is no such thing as white ink.  The True Color 255,255,255 is always white, in modelspace, or in paperspace on ANY color background, but this color results in no ink at all.  Your white areas will have to be void of color with another color all around it.

Edited by Dana W

First of all, I would make the Black Bull a donut with internal radius of 0 and external radius 30.885. Then I would make the colour of the Inner Rings 253, and use the Draw Order in Tools to bring that layer to the front. You would only need the three inner rings with default line thickness. I see you have the number 6 twice, once coloured bylayer and the other coloured 255 and your circles have thickness of 2. You have been trying!!!!!!

To look like this:-

target.PNG

Of course, this problem is particularly tricky if you are using the standard AutoCAD background colour of black. I prefer a different background colour to give the WYSIWYG effect.

@eldon I like the idea of using the 'donut' command. @oly2b It is indeed the hatch colours that are causing the problem so you would be best sticking to just using standard AutoCAD 'white'. I see you tried using the thickness property to give the circles a printed thickness (in AutoCAD thickness actually gives objects a height in the Z direction - off the paper) so using lineweight as you have done for the inner circles is actually the correct way to go, except you are limited to a width of 2.11mm. For anything 'wider' than that then you need to look at using polyline width. You cannot turn a circle into a polyline, but you can turn an arc into a polyline (so 2 half circle arcs can be a polyline) and this is what the Donut command creates so 4 inner donuts using inner and outer diameters of :

0 - 2.5

3 - 13

13.5 - 22

22.5 - 31

and then your outer circles with a linewidth of 0.5 should print as you are hoping giving you outer black circles 0.5mm wide and inner white circles also 0.5mm wide (though you might need to adjust the donut sizes I have used if this needs to be accurate for competition targets.

Edited by steven-g

Would it work if you did them like this?

I created the Inner Rings by offsetting them by .5mm from each other, then turned them into Regions, apart from the Innermost one and then solid hatched them separatley.

You had your layouts as scaled to fit A4, which obviously would cause you issues if you tried to print a scaled version of a .5mm gap, the printer would struggle.

So hopefully you are going to be printing these at 1:1?

6 Yard AP Target 140mm sized with Regions.dwg

Hi All

Many thanks for all the great suggestions, I will have a good go at these tonight.

Once again many thanks.