AutoCAD 2021 Stop Selecting

Bill Tillman

I'm cruising along using AutoCAD 2021 and then suddenly, I can no loner select anything. It highlights the objects like they are selected but then when I open the properties window it shows no selection. QuickSelect doesn't work either. So I save the file(s), exit and restart AutoCAD and it's all back to normal. This happens at least 2-3 times a week. This is a Windows 10x64 system with 32 GB RAM.

Haven't seen that yet, though have seen a bug or 2. Seems to be normal as of now.

What drivers and graphics card? I know when I first went to AutoCAD 2018, I had to try a few different drivers, not necessarily the latest to stop the quirkiness.

Could be PICKFIRST (System Variable) which allows you to select objects before you start a command when set to 1 or PICKADD (System Variable) which allows subsequent selections to be added to the current selection set if set to 1 or 2 which also keeps objects selected after the SELECT command ends.

You can track them with SYSVARMONITOR (Command)

• Like 1

Looking at that again the PROPOBJLIMIT (System Variable) may be the issue default value is 25000.

Limits the number of objects that can be changed at one time with the Properties and Quick Properties palettes.

The valid range is 0 - 32767. A value of 0 turns off the limitation, but could affect performance in very large drawings. If the limit is exceeded, the property fields in the palettes will be grayed out to indicate that they cannot be changed.

Note: A similar limit on ribbon property controls and ribbon contextual tabs is stored independently by the RIBBONCONTEXTSELLIM system variable.