Switching viewports

Jonathan Handojo

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering in AutoCAD: if you're in one of any layout tabs where you can then have multiple viewports for different views, how can you use the mspace command to enter that specific viewport?

More specifically, I have two viewports in a layout. I want one of them to zoom to one area, and the other viewport to zoom to another. How can this be accomplished in AutoLISP?

(P.S. the layout is created from scratch, after which I use (command -vports pt1 pt2) to create one viewport each.)

Thanks,

Jonathan Handojo

Use (setvar 'cvport n)

(vports) returns a list of available viewports and you can cycle thru them, except viewport 1 which is the Paperspace itself.

No matter how many viewports you have in a layout even if they're on top of each other you can cycle through all of them with Ctrl+R.

SPACESWITCH (System Variable) Controls whether model space can be accessed by double-clicking in a layout viewport.

Value - Description

0 - Prevent access to model space

1 - Allow access to model space

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stefan BMR said:

Use (setvar 'cvport n)

(vports) returns a list of available viewports and you can cycle thru them, except viewport 1 which is the Paperspace itself.

Thanks for that Stefan. That did the trick!