STEEL DETAILING DRAWING

mixmaster

Hi,

I try to make an office table on steel structure, I use 30x30x2 mm hollow section. I finalized the 3D modeling (see the attached .dwg format in AutoCAD 2017) but I can't realise the STEEL DETAILING DRAWING. I think I need to transform this 3D modell in a 2D drawing with different views (frontal, side, top ..) to make it executable for the steel worker. After that, I need to put dimensions piece by piece.

Please give me some useful comments.

Thank You much!

LINK  >>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xlly5hf2iz29kv/office%20table%20dwg.dwg?dl=0

Damn, you beat me to it, YES, absolutely VIEWBASE will blow your mind.

You will not need a Viewport in Paperspace, there are numerous options available with VIEWBASE.

You will love it!

For a bit of fun

Multi GETVALS.lsp

Make furniture table.lsp

image is furntable.sld

(if (not AH:getvalsimg)(load "Multi Getvals img.lsp"))
(setq ans (AH:getvalsimg "D:\\Acadtemp\\furntable" 40 (list "Enter table size" "Enter length" 5 4 "1200" "Enter width" 5 4 "900" "Table thickness" 5 4 "30" "Enter height" 5 4 "900" "Enter Leg size" 5 4 "100")))

screenshot159.png

Multi GETVALS Img.lsp

Edited by BIGAL

You can try using VIEWBASE! It's an awesome tool. Here's a step by step guide on how to use it:

Here are the steps:

1. After creating your 3D model, click a layout tab. You must be in paper space on a layout. I recommend using the 3D Modeling workspace.
  2. If a viewport appears, click it and press the DEL key on your keyboard to delete it.
  3. Start the VIEWBASE command. The DRawing View Creation tab displays on the ribbon, where you can choose and change settings.
  4. At the prompt to specify the location of the base view, click on the layout to place the view object.
  5. To place the next view, on the Drawing View Creation tab, go to Orientation panel> View drop-down list and choose a view. You can also change the scale on the tab’s Appearance panel, using the Scale drop-down list. Finally, you can change the shading style on the View Style drop-down list. You can choose from Wireframe, Wireframe with Hidden Edges, Shaded, and Shaded with Hidden Edges.
  6. Press Enter to get a prompt to specify the location of the second view and click where you want it to appear.
  7. Continue to specify settings and place additional views, as you see in the model above.
  8. Press Enter to end the command when you’re done.

Source: https://allaboutcad.com/use-autocads-viewbase-command-to-create-2d-views-of-your-3d-model/