AreaG

GP_

Frequently, after a topographic survey, I have to prove the obtained area of a Lot of Land.
This lisp creates a table with the analytical method of the Gauss's area formula.
I do not need absolute precision, but logically (owing to rounding) by increasing decimal units you can get a result as close to the real one.

It is still to be completed, but I never have time to finish it.

You can change the nonsense I wrote in English 🙂

632a.gif

AreaG.LSP

Edited by GP_
  • Like 3

I've run into this problem while inspired with this topic...

To explain... According to math and lisp that implemented math, area of closed 2d spline should be equal to (vla-get-area) or (vlax-curve-getarea) or data from Properties panel... But routine gives approx. correct, but little less... I know that there is curving involved, but 100000 points is very dense, so there should be no bigger difference and by my testings - difference is seen at very first decimals - how can this be true? Can someone explain or elaborate or retest my research...

(defun c:areaclosed2dspline ( / s spl n dx k pl ar )

(vl-load-com)

(while
    (or
      (prompt "\nPick closed 2d spline in WCS...")
      (not (setq s (ssget "_+.:E:S" '((0 . "SPLINE")))))
      (if s
        (or
          (not (vlax-curve-isclosed (ssname s 0)))
          (not (vl-every '(lambda ( x ) (equal (cadddr x) 0.0 1e-6)) (vl-remove-if-not '(lambda ( x ) (vl-position (car x) '(10 11))) (entget (ssname s 0)))))
        )
      )
    )
    (prompt "\nMissed or picked spline not closed or picked spline not in WCS...")
  )
  (setq spl (ssname s 0))
  (initget 6)
  (setq n (getreal "\nSpecify precision segmentation <100000> : "))
  (if (null n)
    (setq n 100000)
    (setq n (fix n))
  )
  (setq dx (/ (vlax-curve-getdistatparam spl (vlax-curve-getendparam spl)) n))
  (setq k -1)
  (repeat n
    (setq pl (cons (vlax-curve-getpointatdist spl (* dx (setq k (1+ k)))) pl))
  )
  (setq pl (reverse pl))
  (setq ar (abs (apply '+ (mapcar '(lambda ( a b ) (/ (- (* (car a) (cadr b)) (* (cadr a) (car b))) 2.0)) pl (append (cdr pl) (list (car pl)))))))
  (prompt "\nArea of closed 2d spline : ") (princ (rtos ar 2 20))
  (princ)
)

Discard my post...

I retested with another 2d spline and now routine returned little bigger result and difference was at 4th decimal, so it's accurate...

Thanks for reading anyway...

As you say there is the little bit of the arc segment area left out,  unless there is a way of working out the approx radius between points on the spline  the area will say always be a bit less. Spline like a "U" shape would be different again with + & - areas