vscurrent on 3D Hidden in dwg startup sequence

Hardney

Hello All,

I am working with C3D 2018 French version since 2 months now in my new work (I used to work with C3D 2020 English version). Still, I think that this is more of a general AutoCAD matter.

Every time I open a drawing, in the startup sequence the command vscurrent is entered and sets automatically to 3D Hidden the visual style of the drawing.

I'd like to :

1- know how to remove this command from the drawing startup sequence;

2- if 1 not possible, change the command to set the visual style to 2D Wireframe

Thank You,

Guibombe

• 1 month later...

If that can help, I just noticed that by doing "Undo" before anything else after the drawing opening commands suite, it undoes the "Hide" command. Where is the setting for this command to automatically be present in the file opening commands suite?

Are you working on a computer that was previously used by someone else? If so,  you might have a line of code in your acaddoc.lsp file that's setting the visual style to 3D Hidden. You will need to open that file and check what's in there. If the acaddoc.lsp file exists, you should be able to find it in your root program directory C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020.

If the acaddoc.lsp file doesn't exist then something else is causing this.

• 1 year later...

Hi Cad64,

thanks for asking. My computer was brand new back then and my problem is still on. I spoke with a coworker who has the same problem as well, so far it seems we are the only two who are stuck with it.

Fun fact is that we have the same problem that no one has in another software. Our computers have been built some 6 months appart one from another, perhaps it's some similar configuration we have.

Spoke with our C3D distributor that said that it should repaired by reinstalling C3D unfortunately, my coworker went through that process and it didn't do anything.

I spoke with the IT dept' over here and no one seems to know anything about my problem even though these guys are the ones that made the installation.

The thing with the 3DHidden visual style at start up is it would make sense for the people working in the survey department since this visual style is primarily used to see their point clouds. Other than that, I'm still seeking for an answer.

To answer your question, there is no acaddoc.lsp file where you pointed it.

Bummer.

Guibombe  

So, it's been over a year since your last post, but you're still dealing with this issue?

When you reinstalled the program, did you do a clean uninstall/reinstall? This article walks you through the steps of uninstalling and removing all remnants of the program before reinstalling: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resolving-installation-issues-with-a-clean-install-of-AutoCAD-Civil-3D-2020.html

If you do a clean uninstall/reinstall as I mentioned above, and that still doesn't solve the problem, you could always use a simple lisp routine like the one below. Put it in your Startup Suite so it will automatically load when you open a drawing. Then you will just need to simply type VS2 and hit enter and the visual style will switch to 2D wireframe.

(defun c:vs2 (/)
(command "vscurrent" "2" "")
(princ)
)